- ASTM D412 Standard Test Methods for Vulcanized Rubber and Thermoplastic Rubbers and Thermoplastic Elastomers- Tension
- ASTM D624 Standard Test Method for Tear Strength of Conventional Vulcanized Rubber and Thermoplastic Elastomers
- ASTM D2047 Standard Test Method for Static Coefficient of Friction of Polish- Coated Floor Surfaces as Measured by the James Machine
- ASTM D2859 Standard Test Method for Flammability of Finished Textile Floor Covering Materials
- ASTM E303 Standard Test Method for Measuring Surface Frictional Properties Using the British Pendulum Tester
- ASTM F1292 Standard Specification for Impact Attenuation of Surface Systems Under and Around Playground Equipment
- ASTM F1951 Standard Specification for Determination of Accessibility of Surface Systems Under and Around Playground Equipment
The system should be tested to the following standard
- Hardness: ASTM D-2444 94% recovery
- Water Absorption: ASTM D-530 +6.5%
- Ultraviolet Resistance: ASTM D-3137
- Fungal Resistance: no growth
- Bacteria Resistance: no growth
- Flame Resistance Grade 2
- Accelerated: weathering no change after 2000 hours
- Freeze /Thaw: no change after 30 days at minus 50 in 24 hour period
FINISHED FLOOR PROPERTIES
- Surface to withstand 600-psi tensile stress.
- Surface to be slip resistant when wet or dry.
- Surface to be fungus and bacteria resistant.
- Surface to have chemical resistance (treated surface immersed for 24 hours) so that there is no effect from oil, lye, hydrochloric acid, animal fat, grease, acetone, tolidine, alcohol, blood, chlorine, urine, detergents and insect spray.